This here is a mix of unfinished (de-Hurley-ied) goals and projects that I’d like to complete.
I’ll knock some of them over one of these days, I promise.
In the meantime, feel free to take an idea and run with it…
1. Design groovy t-shirt using TeeSpring
A great example of a successful Teespring campaign
How TeeSpring works:
- Design t-shirt, choose a goal/set the price & create a campaign
- Share the campaign & collect pre-orders (pre-ordering is free)
- Sell t-shirts past your goal until campaign ends (they’ll send the cheque for the profits)
2. Create a product and sell via eBay
eBay idea # selling photo frames
Everyone shops there so why not sell your stuff on eBay?
Great example – Photo frames:
A3 Wall Home Decor Photo Frame Set
$34.90 x 74 sold = $2582.00 (minus postage and packing)
You need to make your idea a little different. Add value to it but throwing in an extra small picture frame or small photo book?
3. Project 1000 (1000 stock photos)
Dude hanging out in Bay 14 (Malaysia) Photo by Martin Hurley
4. Ronald Jenkees
Included this guy because he’s cool.
– Hello Youtubes! (watch this video to see how fantastic this guy is)
5. Write & Shoot for a Travel Magazine (Travel3Sixty)
This is why I love photography – Bangkok, 2014 – Photo by Martin Hurley
Create an interesting travel story for Travel3Sixty (AirAsia magazine)
Details: Write a travel story around 800 words (+ images @ high res, minimum 1MB & captioned) & email to: Travel3Sixty(at)airasia.com. Win a stay over at a great hotel & free flights if you get published.
6. Get MartinHurley.com to $1K/month
And then $10K/month – probably take 200 years, but I’ll get there. :o)
Offload my excess unused websites
– done √
8. Create a Physical Book on Amazon
But much better than this one on Amazon though…
3 ways to go about it…
- Use Make A Product to fine tune your approach & research the market
- Use Fiverr.com and Createspace to create your book
- Get it out there and on Amazon and in the Kindle marketplace
9. Make a Membership Site
I used Make A Membership Site to create MarketYourPhotos.com but came to the conclusion that photogs don’t really want to market their photos. They just want more sales, and more customers who buy stuff. :o)
Hey – it’s OK to fail. We’re just testing stuff out, right?
10. “Put my photos into every office building in the world”
(While helping create a harmonious, creative and healthy world).
Great Ambitious project!
11. Get Sponsored by an Architect
Get sponsored by a large architectural company to photography cities in China (or Asia).
(Or offer to shoot in exchange for airfares and accommodation)
12. Ask Chase Jarvis…
- What is your definition of success?
- How do you know when you are successful?
- How do you strive for success?
13. Create a Coffee Table Photo Book
Amazing artist doing his thing (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2014) – Photo by Martin Hurley
And maybe use Blurb to do it…
14. Hang with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
Ride a Ducati
16. Thinking Into Results Consultant with Bob Proctor
Other random NOTES:
“People can be a citizen of your brand” by:
— purchasing your prints & photo books
— purchasing your t-shirts
Replace the routine to change the habit.